Sunday, February 5, 2012
I just recently received an email from Nuffnang warning all their Nuffnangers from an email circulating to their members that is using their name to phish and hack. They have sent a sample email and here how it looks like:
The link provided in that email will launch this website which is fake one. It shows Nuffnung instead of Nuffnang. I admit this can be really deceiving and lots of bloggers might fall for this.
1) Surf to http://nuffnung.com in Firefox
2) Help and Report Web Forgery and fill in the form here. Say something like "This site is a fake of http://nuffnang.com.ph and tries to harvest user passwords"
3) Go to http://nuffnung.com/ in IE
4) Safety & Smartscreen Filter & Report Unsafe Website. Do the same
5) Go to http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?tpl=googlechrome&url= In any browser.
Let's work together on keeping the Nuffnang Community a safer place to be.
If you have questions or comments, please email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This information can also be found here http://www.nuffnang.com.ph/.