Movie Review: Bridesmaids

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here's another movie review for all of you, should I start to look for a website hosting to put up a new site about movie critics? LOL! Just kidding, I know I don't have that luxury of time right now to setup a new site. Anyways, this isn't one of the recent movies, this was shown last July. Have you heard of The Bridesmaids? If not, here's a brief synopsis from IMDb:
Image Source: Google
Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love
Like some of the movies I have recently seen, I have not heard of it til hubby had obtained a copy of it. I am also not familiar with the main actress, Kristen Wiig,  but I gave it a shot after reading some online information on it. The story is about two best of friends (Annie and Lilian) who grew up together. Now Lilian (Maya) is about to get married and as expected Annie is one of her bridesmaids. And the conflict of the story started when Annie found a competition as being Lilian's bride maids and best friend in the character of Helen (Rose Byrne). It is such a hilarious but at the same time, a sweet and touching flick. It talks about how great a true friendship really is and on how can someone do anything for a friend. If you have a bonding night with your girlfriends, this can be a perfect choice of movie to watch. It may have some flaws, because I think some of the characters were unexplored, but somehow the main cast and a few of the supporting actors and actresses were able to pulled it up. Oh and by the way, I super like its soundtrack. Check this music with lyrics on it, for sure you would like it too! ;)


That's it for now! Til next movie review :) Have a great week!

1 lovely thoughts on this:

SunnyToast October 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

Bridesmaids is proof that comedy is not a mans world. Despite the trailers which could lead you to believe this is a chick flick — this film is for everyone and is hands down, the best comedy of the year so far.


great review:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP