Ruby Tuesday #94: The Smurfs Review

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ruby tuesday



Finally, we were able to watch The Smurfs and here's my review. I know I am late and this might not be of help to some. But here it is anyways :) First, here's a bit of synopsis from IMDb as for reference:
When the evil wizard Gargamel chases the tiny blue Smurfs out of their village, they tumble from their magical world and into ours -- in fact, smack dab in the middle of Central Park. Just three apples high and stuck in the Big Apple, the Smurfs must find a way to get back to their village before Gargamel tracks them down.
I know I have seen one of the episodes of The Smurfs back in those days but apparently I could not remember a thing. I honestly just knew some of their names like Papa Smurfs, Smurfette, Clumsy, Brainy and the others who I came to remember because of the McD's happy meal and that just it. 
So before watching this flick, I really don't have any high hopes on it. What I just cared about was this flick will be enjoyed by my kiddo and I am happy that she did! The story started when the peaceful place of the Smurfs was invaded by Gargamel which brought some of the smurfs into the world of humans, in New York. They met a couple while they were trying to escape from Gargamel. This couple will help them in fighting Gargamel and in going back to their place safely. It is just as plain as that. Definitely for kids! The graphics were believable enough for the kids to appreciate. Except for the cat, the animation was not really that good but I don't think kids will notice that. The fight scenes were made lightly and not too violent. Of course it has a happy ending. Cute and light movie indeed! And just like my kiddo, we have enjoyed watching it as well. If you are looking for a movie to watch during family time, you can try this one.

How about you, have you seen this flick?


7 lovely thoughts on this:

bj September 27, 2011 at 6:28 AM  

Nooo, I haven't seen it..all my grands are so big now, they aren't interested in the Smurfs anymore. :)
hugs, bj

Emzkie September 27, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

i dont care much about this movie, the kids dont care about it too.. wat they love is cars. lol. but i got collections of smurfs from mcdonalds. =D

mine is CLayton and his Red Car

Ralph September 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Patti and I used to watch the Smurfs on Saturday mornings )on NBC if I recall...), and have a second cup of coffee. That was decades ago, but fun to remember!

chubskulit September 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Ang cute naman nyan sis, my son would like to watch it too.

My Ruby Tuesday

Gattina September 27, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

I have known the smurfs since 1959 when my parents moved to Belgium. The cartoonist is Belgian but sadly died a few years ago.

He & Me + 3 September 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

I haven't seen this yet, so thanks for the review.
Hugs,
MImi
Glad your little one loved it.

Debs Dealz September 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

Hi, Debs Dealz stopping by to follow you via GFC. I love your site! I would like to invite you to check out by blog as well, and follow me back if you like, and/or like me on Facebook. We have daily blog hops...we would love to have you link up and participate!! We feel the blog hops are great ways to network with other bloggers, increase our followers and meet awesome people! We currently have the Time Out Tuesday Hop available to link up to. Stop on by!! Also, if you exchange buttons let me know!
http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com
Thanks, Debs Dealz

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP