Now it's DHL?!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Remember my posts on UNESCO and Windows Live Team, that it looks like their account was used to create phishing emails? Now it looks like DHL is now included in their victims.

Believe me or not, I am such a busy person but still for some reasons, I got time to check my Spam/Junk Email Folder once in a while, just to make sure that I won't miss any important email that was mistakenly tagged as junk or spam. And just now, here's what I got to my surprise:

From: joinadmin7@dhl.com
To: XXXXX@live.com
Subject: DHL notification #1246
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:55:26 +0100


Dear customer!
The parcel was send your home address.
And it will arrice within 7 bussness day.


More information and the tracking number
are attached in document below.


Thank you.
2011 DHL International GmbH. All rights reserverd.
Let us scrutinize the email, basing in the From field, joinadmin7@dhl.com, @dhl.com seems to be valid. If I am not mistaken you can use that domain only when you are one of the registered users. Now look at the body of the message, I don't think that the real DHL company would send an email without proofreading it. Look at typo errors on the body of the message, including the signature which is vital as per the Legal page of DHL (http://www.dhl.com/en/legal.html), they just copy that information from there but failed to proofread it. What is really so alarming on this is they got an attachment which for some who think that this is a legitimate email may have opened that attachment already which little they know that it may contains some virus. Tsk! Tsk!

I am not sure what do they get from sending this email and if DHL company has been aware of this. I am not confirming that their system was hacked but from this email, that may be possible. I just thought of blogging this so that at least we could all be aware of this is some sort of a scam email that might cause our computers to crash.

Oh and by the way, just a few minutes ago, I received another email claiming that it was from Western Union (tlet37@yahoo.com.hk yeah right?! ), asking me for some vital information before they can send me the amount of $270,000.00. Tsk! Tsk! Why don't they just send it over to the victims of earthquake in Japan if that's really true so I will be forever grateful! Sigh! How I wish they stop doing things like this and focus on other legal things instead of scamming people!


0 lovely thoughts on this:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP