Ruby Tuesday #68 (365/53*): Sapin Sapin by Dolor's Kakanin

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ruby tuesday


Here's my latest food craze, Sapin Sapin by Dolor's Kakanin! This was introduced to me by my sister-in-law and I am glad she did! I love their Sapin-Sapin. As per Wikipedia:

Sapin-sapin is a layered glutinous rice and coconut dessert in Filipino cuisine. It is made from rice flour, coconut milk, sugar, water, and coloring with coconut flakes sprinkled on top.

(Sorry if a small part of it was missing! My little tot grabbed a portion of it before I was able to take a photo! LOL!)

It comes in different sizes, and I think we bought the Large one at PHP220.00. This consists of the following:
  • Sapin Sapin (outer layer)
  • Ube (one in violet)
  • Biko (one in brown)
  • Cassava (one on dirty white)
  • Kutsina-like Sapin Sapin (one in red)
  • Maja (one in yellow)
I love every bit of it. The sweetness of it is not too much and I love how finely it was made. This is definitely a must-try dessert!


For orders and inquiry:
www.dolorskakanin.com
info@dolorskakanin.com

===================================
Photobucket 
I am participating in the 2011 Mommytography 365 Project! For this year long project I will be posting an image a day, to get me out shooting, using my camera and learning new things with it daily. Anyone interested in photography can join, no need to be a Mommytographer. We have teens to adults, male and female, as well as people from all over the world. Come join the fun!
===================================
Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

12 lovely thoughts on this:

Gita Asuncion February 22, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

super favorite namin yan, sis! ever since natry namin yan, i dont eat sapin sapin anymore pag hindi dolor's.

Alicia February 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

I've never heard of it before, but it looks good!

He & Me + 3 February 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

Wow...that does look so good. I can't handle things that are to sweet or rich, that sounds great.

Chew On This February 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

I have never tried Dolor's before.

carinamodella February 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Dolors is the best sapin sapin ever. Have you tried also their pancit malabon and pichie pichie? These foods are great for parties.

w0rkingAth0mE February 22, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

we have different sapin sapin here in our place your sapin sapin looks yummy i want to try this.

Robin February 22, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

That is one colorful dessert! Enjoy :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

clavsupclose February 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Oh I love sapin-sapin, one my favs...
Your newest follower,
clavsupclose.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP