Zodiac Sign Fuss!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

13th Zodiac Sign, have you heard it too? People are going gaga over this, in Facebook, Twitter and almost all networking sites, they have been mentioning that their Zodiac Signs were altered. Though mine didn't change, I am still a Leo, I am doubting this news. So I have made a few research in related to this and here are some articles I found online:

From Wikipedia:

Despite crossing the ecliptic, Ophiuchus is not included in standard astrological zodiacs, which divide the ecliptic into abstract 30-degree segments (for twelve equal signs), which are named after the constellations but do not map to the stars in the sky. If the signs did follow the stars, Ophiuchus would be a thirteenth member of the zodiac. Read more here
Unlike the zodiac signs in astrology, which are all thirty degrees in length, the astronomical constellations vary widely in size. The boundaries of all the constellations in the sky were set by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in 1930. This was, in essence, a mapping exercise to make the work of astronomers more efficient, and the boundaries of the constellations are not therefore in any meaningful sense an 'equivalent' to the zodiac signs. Along with the twelve original constellations, the boundaries of a thirteenth constellation, Ophiuchus (the serpent bearer), were set by astronomers within the bounds of the zodiac.  Read More Here

From Time.com
American astrologers are up in arms after a report from the Minnesota Planetarium Society stated that due to the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month. Since the constellations moved, then, Zodiac signs would be altered.
(More on TIME.com: See more about Ophiucus, the long-forgotten sign of the Zodiac)
But leading astrological experts say this won't change things at all. That's because Western astrology strictly adheres to the tropical zodiac, which is fixed to seasons. The sidereal zodiac, observed in the East, is the one affixed to constellations, and is thus the one that would change. The tropical zodiac has been in place since Ptolemy's in the second century.
"Astrology is geocentric," astrologer Jeff Jawer told CNN. "It relates life on Earth to the Earth's environment, and seasons are the most dramatic effect, which is why we use the tropical zodiac."

How about you? What's your stand on this?  
Feel free to give in your opinion as I might be wrong in understanding these articles.


10 lovely thoughts on this:

Shyla January 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM  

i don't know.. i still want to be an aquarian.. i don't feel like i'm a capricorn.. just my two cents.. :)

casey aubut January 15, 2011 at 1:10 AM  

I JUST posted about this too! I am now supposed to be a Taurus- but no thanks- I am staying a Gemini! LOL!

Hootiebee January 15, 2011 at 3:15 AM  

I would be a Gemini but I "like" being "Crabby" myself!

C. January 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM  

I heard about that and I've decided not to care and to keep being a sagittarius :p

jules67 January 15, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

I still retained my zodiac sign. However, these changes confuse people, all the more the believers.

w0rkingAth0mE January 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

yeah i heard this thing happy at taurus pa rin ako :)

Alicia January 16, 2011 at 2:08 AM  

I've been seeing this around FB too, and was wondering what all that was all about. LOL

bingkee January 16, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

I don't believe in zodiac signs or astrology ...because I believe no one knows your future except God.
But I've seen this news of change at FB...but I really don't care. When you read things or predictions under your zodiac signs, they are 99% NOT TRUE AND WON'T HAPPEN.

simply kim January 17, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

i heard that it is only applicable to people born starting this year onwards, so i can get to keep my zodiac, i just don't know how true it is..

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP