Journey to Finding the Right PreSchool: Second Stop: A-Plus Chinese Language Center and Preschool

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here's the continuation of our Journey to Finding the Right Preschool for my little tot. After our first stop at Cambridge International School, our second stop was at A-Plus Chinese Language Center and Preschool, inside Festival Mall. It is a preschool that offers dual language program. Chinese/Mandarin language lessons are incorporated on their curriculum which is actually the reason why I got interested on this center (No! We're not Chinese, I just like the idea of my little tot as bilingual :) or even trilingual :) )


Yesterday was her first day of a 3-day trial classes. Me and her nanny were allowed to stay inside the classroom as well so I can observe too. There were 10 students that time, two teachers (one Filipina and one Chinese) and a teacher aid. But looking on the names inside the classroom that are posted in their wall, they got 15 students which for me, is a bit too many for a class.



Here's their Tuition Fees, I got this when I called them, because during the trial class, there was no interview of orientation that was done.

Nursery (Quarterly mode of payment):
For 3x a week class: PHP16,771.00/quarter
For 5x a week class: PHP 22,361.00/quarter

Misc (one-time payment): PHP13,000.00 (for school uniform, cooking needs etc)* I still recommend you calling them to check if these rates still applies

Here are the things I have observed while attending the 3-hour TC yesterday morning:

  • Roughly 15 students per class which I think for me is too many for the teachers to handle. As I observed, there were times that a student or two, were just in the corners doing something apart from the group
  • The classrooms or should I say class area, is big enough for 15 or even 20. 
  • Cleanliness are not that observed inside the classroom. They are wearing their shoes inside the whole center, not just a pair of socks. I was actually worried on the sink inside the classroom. Water can be easily spill on the floor just by washing their hands and there is no foot rug that they can use to prevent spreading the water inside the classroom if in case.
  • Teachers are nice and are all approachable
  • I didn't find any spaces as waiting area. There is a big playground outside. That's what you will see at first when you go to their center.
So here's my ratings for A-Plus (from 1-5, 5 being the highest):


Keys Ratings Comments
Proximity to our residence 5 very much accessible
Teaching method 5 progressive
Facilities 3 not well maintained
Curriculum N/A **
Ratio of teacher vs student 3 too many
Cleanliness and Hygiene 3 not that well-observed

** As per their curriculum, I was not able to observe it that much since when we went there, it was their Chinese assessment which as per the teacher, is a one-on-one session with the Chinese teacher. However, the other students were left without really nothing to do.

We have decided not to continue the trial-class anymore this morning. Out little tot will have a break this week. We'll resume attending TC on a different preschool by next week. Just stay-tuned.

Here's their contact information as for your reference:
A-Plus Chinese Learning Center and Preschool
Level 4, Festival Supermall, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, 1781 Philippines
Tel. 772.1662 to 64 | Email inquiry@a-plusclc.com

www.a-plus-mandarin.com

The feedback above is 100% mine and I am just sharing our experiences while we are on our search for a good preschool. My experience and point of views might be different from your so I am still suggesting you to try it out in case you are interested.


6 lovely thoughts on this:

simply kim January 25, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

hmmm... good look to your preschool hunting!

Chew On This January 26, 2011 at 1:31 AM  

very informative sis. Keep them coming. My kid wouldn't be attending school soon but it helps reading about them this early so that I can prepare for my kid's education too :)

Robin January 26, 2011 at 3:51 AM  

Preschool hunting can be a real challenge, I hope you find the right situation soon.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too January 26, 2011 at 4:25 AM  

I hope you find the perfect school for her!

chubskulit January 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

Whew ang mahal talaga ng pre school hehehe.. Super cute naman ng batutay na yan, pwede papisil ng cheeks?

He & Me + 3 January 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM  

Good luck choosing the right school. I am going to be making that decision next year when my oldest heads to middle school. not sure about that so we are weighing our options. So scared, I want to send her to the right place.
Hugs,
MImi

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My Photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP