Mellow Yellow Monday #42, Blue Monday #33, Wordless Wednesday #135 and Pixelbug Weekend #29 (365/170-172)

Monday, June 21, 2010

MellowYellowMondayBadge


Pixel Bug weekend button 1

Hello everyone! How was your weekend and your Fathers' Day celebration? Hope you all have fun! Our plans to have an out of town celebration was canceled because me and hubby suffered from Pink/Sore eyes (but we are recovering now, especially my eyes, I might go back to work tomorrow. But hubby's eyes need to rest a few days a bit. Thanks for the prayers guys) So we just celebrated it at home and at the mall nearby after hearing the mass. 

My sister-in-law bought another cake at Purple Oven called Pistachio Stardust

if you don't want so much fancy on your cake, this is for you. This is coated with vanilla icing with bits of pistachio. The cake is sponge-like which has two layers separated by the vanilla icing. And the lower layer is creamy layer with cashew nuts, which reminds me of one of the layers on Conti's Mango Bravo. That and this cake's layer has the same taste. Sorry, I forgot how much the cake was, but it might be around PHP400-500 (8$-11$ roughly). I will update it as soon as I got the exact price of this.

On our way home, I could not resist the urge to take a sky shot. Taken inside a moving car plus I was not able to roll down the tinted window, here's the result of it:
I love the sun peeking up on top, do you love that too?

Thanks to all my new followers and visitors! I will be heading to your blogs soon and will return the favor :) I just need to follow our Opthalmologist's adviced to rest my eyes til now so I could go back to work tomorrow. Again, I apologized for not being in your blogs for a week :( 

And thanks to all who joined my meme, Metallic Friday!! Truly appreciate your support guys! To those who haven't join us yet, post your photos made of metals or with metal on it every Friday and link up here! Hope to see yah every Friday!

Have a wonderful and healthy week ahead!!!
===================================
I am participating in the 2010 Mommytography 365 Project! For this year long project I will be posting an image a day, to get me out shooting, using just my point and shoot camera or sometimes my cellphone camera and learning new things with it daily. Anyone interested in photography can join, no need to be a Mommytographer. We have teens to adults, male and female, as well as people from all over the world. Come join the fun!
===================================
Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

30 lovely thoughts on this:

SASSY MOM June 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

I tried to look for Purple Oven last Saturday but I failed. Di ko sya mahanap sa St. Peter Street.

I hope I can see a photo of the store's frontage so I can recognize.


Pixelbug Weekend

dogsmom June 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Take a little more time resting your eyes. You do not want to do too much too fast.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend at home.

Mylene June 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

The cake looks yummy! The sky is still awesome.

Rest your eyes.

mine is here.

kat June 21, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

ouch..kakagutom...serve that to me and i will not resist...hehehe

Happy MYM Miz..

mine is up now at

http://klivengood-itravel.blogspot.com/2010/06/mellow-yellow-monday.html

hahpiness June 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

why did you order a chocolate cake? haha. namili pa talaga.

hey, hope you feel better soon. happy father's day to hubs. :)

Life Moto June 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

nice effects shot for your cake and a beautiful sky . cheers!

The Quintessential Magpie June 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

That has got to be the best looking cake I've ever seen!

Happy Blue Monday (and by all means, please take care of your eyes!)...

XO,

Sheila :-)

peggy gatto June 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

So much to see here, love your blue sky!!!

LV June 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

I have not heard of pink eyes in a long time. Each during school, there would be several cases. So sorry you have been going through this. I loved all you featured today.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too June 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

That cake looks delicious, and the sky shot is gorgeous! I hope you have a great week! :)

Boo-Bah June 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

I am now hungry for cake! The sky photo was really beautiful.

Iris

Limar June 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

The sky is beautiful, saved you the trouble of adding a photo texture in Photoshop :D

Carolyn Ford June 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

I really like the focus you used on the cake! It really does look like a sunburst! And, what a gorgeous sky...beautiful!

eileeninmd June 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

The cake does look delicious! And your sky photo is beautiful! Have a great week :)

SmilingSally June 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is still not fully recovered! I love that blue sky.

Happy Blue Monday.

siromade08 June 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Love the cake looks yummy..and the sky its beautiful nice capture even your in a moving car...hope you all are well with the sore eyes..

Jingle June 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

yummy blue cake...
BEST wishes for your hubby.

Briarside Lane June 21, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Take good care of yours eyes... you and hubby.

And I love your sky pic with the sun at the top. Good shot! Happy Blue Monday.

...Karen

black eyed susans kitchen June 21, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

Beautiful photo of the sky...and the cake looks delicious.

Poetic Shutterbug June 21, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

That cake looks scrumptious, I'm gaining weight just looking at it :) Gorgeous blue sun shot, just breathtaking.

Ann June 21, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Love the sky picture. You did a did a smashing job in a moving car.

maria June 22, 2010 at 1:43 AM  

The cake looks yummy and the sky shot is fantastic.

Happy Blue Monday.

I played too. Mine is here.

Earl's Daughter June 22, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

Aww that cake yumm! I love sky shots and this one is phenomenal!

Happy Mellow Yellow Monday!

http://earlsdaughter.com/2010/06/mellow-yellow-mondays-june-21st/

Dhemz June 22, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

awwwww....yummy! nice entries sis...mine is up as well....:)

laarni lopez June 22, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

i love your blue monday picture! i love pictures of the sky.. :)

i also have two awards for you! head over to my blog to "claim" it.. :)

http://thejaggedbarn.blogspot.com/2010/06/im-beautiful-and-sunshiney.html

tatess June 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

beautiful blue sky and yummy cake

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP