Stuck!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I know most of you who are living or have experienced to lived in the Philippines would agree with me when I say heavy traffic is a common scenario on most roads in the Philippines. Just last Saturday's traffic both southbound and northbound weren't that nice. I have encountered this while I was on my way to Serendra. Actually one of the reasons why the traffic was so slow is because of the constructions on-going on both lanes, but for me they could have lessen the effect of this on commuters by installing proper barricades on both ways. They have tried to, but for me it was not enough and some of it were actually not that safe or to be exact, not that visible to the commuters. I have even seen a collision on my way home where an SUV hit one of the concrete barriers they have installed on the roads.

Unfortunately I was not the only one who had experienced heavy traffic last Saturday. Two of my colleagues who coincidentally happened to be in the same location did experience such a heavy traffic. One of them was bound to Tagaytay, but was stuck for almost six hours at Sta. Rosa because of the obstructions brought by Greenfield City Sunset Run 2010 which my other colleague participated into. Imagine that! The organizers failed to do some crowd control which blocked the traffic on that location for several hours. This was not really a fun experience. For me in cases like these, they should have installed some things like stanchions that are used in banks or any events that need to be contained or organized. There are several ways and gadgets such as those velvet ropes that they could have used to prevent that from happening.

It is not really fun to be in the middle of that and you cannot do anything except to whine heheh How about you, have you been stuck in the middle of a heavy traffic?

Photo Source:Google

5 lovely thoughts on this:

allison April 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

having lived in cainta, i think i had my fair share of traffic. worst ever? back in 1998/1999 during makro cainta's 1st year anniversary. with everything buy 2 take 1 (including tv sets), everyone had to rush to the store. my normal travel time to and from school (located somewhere near ultra) was 1-1.5hrs. on that day, we left the school at 4:30pm. i arrived home at 1:30 AM. just imagine getting stuck for hours inside a school bus with preschoolers and grade 1-2 students with poor bladder control.

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ April 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

traffic here in baguio ain't that bad compared to Manila but i still hate it! i tend to fall asleep and become lazy the rest of the day if i get stuck in traffic...

worst? free eeew body aromatherapy from a fellow passenger!

I'm a full-time mummy April 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Before we shifted to our place now, hubby and I used to stay at this place which is quite famous for the traffic jam.

In order to get to the main highway, we need to take a U-turn and there's only 1 main road going towards the highway.

One time after making the U-turn, we were stuck and we can see our house right on our right. After almost an hour, our car starts to heat up and before any further damage is caused, we decided to take emergency leave and skip work for the day.

By the time we managed to take the small roads back to our house, it's already almost 10am and we went to have our breakfast instead!

Greetings from Malaysia & Happy Wednesday!

Annelie April 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

My husband is going to work now, we live in Stockholm, so he WILL BE stuck in traffic. I´m lucky, I work at night, on the hospital.

Hannah April 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

traffic! how could i forget from p tuazon cubao to sta.lucia from 7pm to 12am, don't know y traffic...my dad scolded me pa haha said sorry naman the next day

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP