"Me" Time?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

While browsing over FemaleNetwork's articles, one of their recent articles caught my attention. It was titled "Are you getting enough “me” time?". It contains a short quiz to determine if you are giving yourself enough of your time. And here's my result after taking the quiz:

Quiz Result:
You’re in need of a little more “me” time! While self-sacrifice can be a commendable thing, you should never overdo it to the point that you’re living your life for others. Remember: it’s hard to take care of others if you’re running on fumes yourself. Take the time to relax. It’ll give you a better perspective and help refresh not just your body but your mind and outlook on life. And frankly, if your friends and family have gotten so used to relying on you that they can’t do without you for a few days while you recharge with some R and R, having to rely on themselves for a while will do them a world of good. Let others help you out from time to time—you’ve been helping your friends and family, maybe even perfect strangers, your whole life. Allowing them to give back some of the joy and comfort you’ve given them will not only let you put your feet up once in a while, but it will let them feel more empowered and less indebted to you.
Though I am getting a short "Me" time at least once a month, the result I got I think is true. But in as much as I wanted to have some more time for myself, it is not feasible I believe for a working mom and full-time mom after office hours. It is not that I am complaining because I love doing both, but I must admit there are times that I long to have even just a half-day off from both. Luckily, due to the overwhelming love and support that I am getting from my family, I can still manage to cope up and somehow live with it. And I think what really helps me a lot is having a mindset that this will not be forever, it just not today! :)

How about you? Take this quiz too and see if you are getting enough time for yourself! Don't forget to share the results with me :)

Thanks Debbie for the lovely first comment!

7 lovely thoughts on this:

Debbie March 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Hi Marice....I think at one point in my life I was lacking me time. But now that my boys are older and in school, I am sick of me!~ LOL, hence I started blogging as a creative outlet to connect with like minds. This is a great post and one many women should read and reflect. Have a great day!

rjs mama March 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

medyo nakakahinga na ako, now that rj's 8. dati, zero ang me time :)

have a good day sis :)

hope you can visit and leave your mark on my blogs :)
buwaya in the city
RJ's summer break activities

~KATE~ March 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

we got the same result!

yeah, i need more "me" time. but sometimes. there are certain things that stop me from doing so.

hmmmm....thanks for sharing this, marice!

^______^

Inspire All March 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

I can agree with result and I can safely say that mine would read the same. Unfortunately as a single mom, my help takes a toll on me for me to get a break and then it is not a true break it is I am sick and in bed break. By me being a 365 mom with no break at all it is hard. But I look forward to the day where I can have a quiet day of relaxation and no calls from others and no running around for my child!

Christian Mommy Writer March 25, 2010 at 1:59 AM  

I got the same result that you got. It's so hard when you have young children. But the quiz is right, if I don't make time for me, I can't give my best to my family and friends.

Carine March 25, 2010 at 2:40 AM  

I don't have children and i don't work (just studies) so I guess I have enough "me" time ^-^

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP