Keeping Your Child Safe Online

Friday, March 12, 2010

I just had a small talk with one of my closest friends and our topic was about parental control or guidance. She just recently have an issue with her eldest because she suspects that her 11 year-old kiddo is accessing sites right now that aren't suitable for his age. Gosh, now this is one disadvantage of the internet I guess.


I actually don't have much experience regarding her problem but, I have read a lot about this. And I found it so common nowadays especially with the technologies that we have right now. Everything is so accessible just by one-click! So once they will be in front of a computer, they are surely exposed to a lot of things including viruses. And I believe prohibiting our kids to access the computer and the internet is inevitable right now because even pre-schooler is being taught how to use the computers and the internet. So I guess the best thing that we can do right now is to guide them. I have told her about some ways on how to monitor their access without having us to literally be beside them while surfing the net. We can create their own profile on our computer giving them enough access suitable for their age, and then we can probably have key logger software installed for tracking. But you need to clearly understand that you also need to value their privacy. So be very careful with your actions. We don't want to lead them into hiding stuffs from us, right?

It was indeed a helpful and timely conversation. How about you, what do you do to keep your kids safe from all the harm brought about by internet access?

Photo Source: Google

2 lovely thoughts on this:

Debbie March 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM  

Awesome topic! I have two sons 12 and 8. Now my 12 year old has been on you tube and came across something not appropriate! Now the good thing is, he told me right away. I then told him anything he wants to view on youtube has to go thru me first. The parental controls are tricky because they block a lot, things that we may look at....nothing bad, but something that may have a word like puberty, etc....talk talk talk to our children and they will trust they can come to us, and we can trust they do the right thing...so far so good in my home!

Marice March 13, 2010 at 3:27 AM  

wow thanks a lot Debbie :) yeah talking/communicating can really do wonders :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP