Perseid Meteor Shower

Thursday, August 13, 2009

While I am composing this blog, I am hoping that later when I go out for lunch I could watch the annual meteor shower. According to some articles I have read online, its approximately 60 meteors per hour. You might see some Perseids in bright moonlight – in the peak hours between midnight and dawn – on the mornings of August 12 and 13.



Photo Source: Space

Quoting Seasky:


The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 meteors per hour at their peak. This year's peak occurs on the morning of August 12, but you may be able to see some meteors any time from July 23 - August 22. The waning gibbous moon will provide some interference in the early morning, so the best viewing will be in the evening before it rises. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Perseus. Look to the northeast after midnight.



Though this isn't the first time that I will be seeing it, I am still excited on this annual event.


2 lovely thoughts on this:

Xandy August 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Oh, so I need to stay awake til next morning.hehe..cool!

Marice August 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

hahah yeah i think so.. when i went out last night, i didnt see any :( ill try laterz :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP