Coffee Without Caffeine

Friday, August 21, 2009

Photo Source: Wikipedia

I saw this featured on Unang Hirit this morning and it looks interesting. I am not really a coffee drinker but I sip almost a cup each night at work. So its nice to know that there are some coffee right now that don't have caffeine. I know that caffeine does have some good benefits too when taken in moderation but it is still much better if we can get away with it. I know some of you will prolly know about this already but I am sharing this information to those who doesn't :) These are Rice Coffee, Corn Coffee and Soya Coffee. I haven't tried any of these yet and here are some of the information I have gathered online:

Rice Coffee reportedly has a couple of benefits. First of all, it doesn’t contain any caffeine which is really good news for the health conscious. No preservatives as well. Rice coffee can also help relieve bodily pains and can serve as a good drink after a heavy meal.
Source: Mindanaoan

Corn Coffee tasted like real coffee except that has NO caffeine, No preservatives, High in fiber and 100% Corn. Old folks say that our forefathers used to drink this type of coffee.
Source: Pinoy Food

Soya Coffee is full bodied, rich and gluten-free.
Source: Soy Coffee

I will probably check some of these when we buy our grocery items this week.

Now we can indulge much on coffee without sacrificing our health :)


3 lovely thoughts on this:

rjs mama August 22, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

that's interesting, i will try this coffee, i am a certified coffee addict

Golden August 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Sis, my Lolo used to make rice coffee for us when we were little. It's easy. I even like it better than our traditional coffee. I'll share with you the simple recipe. Roast some uncooked rice grains into a pan (half a cup will do). Make sure that the fire is low. Keep on stirring the rice grains to evenly roast them. Roast them until they turn dark brown. Transfer the rice grains into a pot of water. Tip: Use less water if you want your rice coffee strong. Bring the water into a boil. Just let it boil until the rice grains soften. Voila! You now have your own rice coffee. Just add sugar to sweeten it. Easy right? Kids can even enjoy this coffee.

Marice August 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

thanks rj's mama :)

thanks sis golden! that's nice of you.. I will share this too ha? thanks much! ill definitely try this :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love :) and for not spamming ;) Muahugzzzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for Visiting :)

Link/Badges Collections

About Me

My photo
Alabang, Philippines
The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of our little tot and a certified Super GirlTalker! Thanks all for dropping by and leaving some love! Please don't forget to FOLLOW me, its on my sidebar. And to those who already followed me, I'll definitely return the favor :) If ever I failed, please don't hesitate to grab my attention. I prolly just missed it. Thanks again! Smooches to all! Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by :)

Awards That Were Shared to Me


Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Thanks For Visiting Guys!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP